[netCDF #CTW-339617]: netcdf version check

Hi John,

Sorry to have been unresponsive, we've been doing final testing before a
release.

> Assuming that the nf_format_64bit parameter were defined, but the configure
> script determined that for the given installation, large file offsets were
> not available, would it be an error to do this?
>
> NF_CREATE(FileName, OR(NF_CLOBBER,NF_64BIT_OFFSET), DH%NCID)

I believe that would be a harmless no-op.  I don't have any platforms here to
test
on that don't support LFS, so I can't just run a test easily.  But the above
should
work fine even on platforms that don't support LFS.  A "file too large" error
would
occur in case this program later tried to write a file > 2 GiB in size. but
things
would work fine up to that poiunt, and the file created would have 64-bit
offsets.

--Russ

Ticket ID: CTW-339617
Department: Support netCDF