[netCDF #NCU-160205]: Reason for unlinkability of Windows binaries

> Dear Madam or Sir,
>
> both in netcdf-related forums, such as by Intel, and seen by own
> experience the Windows-Binaries which you distribute are unlinkable.

Howdy Peter!

Thanks for your suggestions for getting the windows binary working with the
intel compiler.

Windows remains a problem for me, but I need to get the netcdf-4.0 source code
released before getting back into the DLL swamp!

What I really need are more users like you, who can help me sort out the
options for their fortran compilers. As you can imagine, I don't have the time
to investigate any one compiler with anything like the time that a true user
can.

What would be even more useful would be if you could make your built DLLs
available somehow. Can you package them up and send them to me, for example?
Then I could put them on our ftp site for other users.

I will try and implement your windows suggestions after the source code release
(scheduled to happen this month). I will probably have some additional
questions then.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: NCU-160205