[netCDF #SRQ-176890]: Is this the correct mailing list?

Hi Roland,

Oops, I think this was my mistake, since I got your email addressed to
"address@hidden".  I'm not sure who forwarded it to
that list, but I just assumed you had CC:ed that address, and I was
apparently mistaken.

NetCDF is similar to HDF5 in providing a data model and APIs for scientific
data access.  The upcoming version, netCDF-4, actually uses HDF5 as one of
its possible storage layers.  NetCDF-4 is supposed to offer a somewhat
simpler API and simpler data model, but at the expense of not supporting
some of the more complex HDF5 features.  Yuo can read about it here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/papers/2006-ams.pdf

or see our web site:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/netcdf-4/

--Russ