[netCDF #CZY-968168]: netcdf build fails with gcc 4.3

Alex,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will forward them to Ed, our autoconf guru.

I think he prefers not to have to run programs from configure, because
that breaks when cross-compiling for a different platform and our
configure has to work for cross-compiling.  But he may have a different
answer ...

Use of the FC_FUNC(name,NAME)/F77_FUNC(name,NAME) facility seems like a
good idea.

Thanks!

--Russ

Ticket ID: CZY-968168