[netCDF #SEZ-677429]: what minimum files are needed to build C++

> There is an incredible amount of stuff in the tar.gz file.

Yes, there sure is!

> I have copied the libsrc files into the cxx folder and almost have a working
compilation, basked on the 'hand made' info at the top of makefile.

Umm, why are you doing this?

> What is the minimum files needed to build a working C++ interface? Do I need
.deps? How do I configure config.h? Do I need the .m4 files?

> Simply put: on a deserted island with one floppy disc, what would I need?

Can you tell me why you are doing this? It is not that good an idea.

If you have a system that is really too small to handled the full distribution,
that is a surprise to me.

Why not just run the configure script and build netCDF normally?

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: SEZ-677429
Department: Support netCDF