[netCDF #NLA-464967]: Problems with installation of netcdf library on

> Dear Ed,
>
> I managed to solve the problem, and I'm telling you what I did for your
future
> references for cases encountering similar problems, and I have a query as
> well.
>
> First of all, I was using the intel fortran (ifort) as the fortran compiler
> and gcc as the c compiler.  This gave problems when trying to link the
> conftest.o and conftestf.o.  The solution to this is to switch all compilers
> to intel ones - icc and ifort, or to gnu compilers - gcc, and g77/g95.
>
> I downloaded and installed the Intel C compiler - it is free for research
> purposes.
>
> I set the following environment variables:
> $ export CC=icc
> $ export CXX=icpc
> $ export F77=ifort
> $ export F90=ifort
> $ export CPP='icc -E'
> $ export CXXCPP='icpc -E'
> $ export CPPFLAGS='echo -DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran'
> $ export

LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/usr/lib:/lib:/opt/intel/fc/10.0.026/lib:/opt/intel/cc/10.0.026/lib'

> II then executed the following instructions:
> $ sudo make uninstall
> $ sudo make distclean
> $ ./configure
> $ make
> $ sudo make install
> $ sudo make test
>

> The "make test" command gave me some errors - a sample of which is shown
> below:
> FAILURE at line 4077 of test_put.c: NetCDF: Numeric conversion not
> representable
> FAILURE at line 4077 of test_put.c: NetCDF: Numeric conversion not
> representable
> FAILURE at line 712 of test_put.c: Var value read not that expected
> FAILURE at line 712 of test_put.c: Var value read not that expected
> FAILURE at line 712 of test_put.c: Var value read not that expected
> FAILURE at line 712 of test_put.c: Var value read not that expected
> 1194 good comparisons.
>
> What do these mean?
>
> Other than that, the fortran code compiled successfully with the library.  We
> now have to ensure that values are not modified by the conversions.
>
> Thanks for your help, and looking forward to receive your reply to my last
> difficulty.
>
> Regards,
> Joel

Howdy Joel!

The failures are not good.

Can you send me the complete output of the configure and make check, as well as
the config.log file?

Meanwhile, I will get the intel 10.0 C compiler and add it to my testing.

Some good news is that other users have reported getting this to work. Perhaps
you should try adding their compiler options, if they seem relevant. (But since
this is a C program that is failing, I don't see anything relevant.)

Thanks,

Ed

Thanks,

Ed