[netCDF #NLA-464967]: Problems with installation of netcdf library on

> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: NLA-464967
> > Department: Support netCDF
>
> Dear Ed,
>
> Thanks very much for your reply.
>
> I did not manage to find my answer in the config.log file.
>
> I attached the config.log file of when I encountered the error:
> checking if Fortran "byte" is C "signed char"...
> configure: error: Could not link conftestf.o and conftest.o
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Regards,
> Joel

From the config.log file:

configure:22913: ifort -g  -c conftestf.f
configure:22916: $? = 0
configure:22919: ifort -o conftest -g   conftestf.o conftest.o
ld: warning: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file `conftest.o' is
incompatible with i386 output
ifort: error #10106: Fatal error in ld, terminated by segmentation violation
configure:22922: $? = 1
configure:22945: error: Could not link conftestf.o and conftest.o

The problem is that you are not setting the flags that are needed to get ifort
to build in 64-bit mode.

These option might be something like -m64. You need to check the ifort
documentation (or ask other people there who build 64-bit fortran progams.

To set the flag for netCDF, set environmental variable FFLAGS before running
the netCDF configure script, like this:

FFLAGS=-m64 ./configure

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you!

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: NLA-464967
Department: Support netCDF