[netCDF #KCB-778033]: trouble shooting while installing NCO

> Hi Russ,
>
> Thanks for the response. I need one help from you i.e. how to compile
> NETCDF-3.6.2 version
> with -fPIC option or how to validate that the libraries obtained from
> certain compilation has been
> compiled with -fPIC options.
>
> Once i can confirm myself about this, i might fix the problem with the
> other software which is
> using NETCDF libraries.
>
> regards
> sandeep

Howdy Sandeep!

Set the CFLAGS env variable before running configure.

Make sure you do a "make distclean" first. Like this in the borne shell:

make distclean; CFLAGS=-fPIC ./configure --enable-shared && make check

Also, you probably want to use the --disable-f77 --disable-cxx options to turn
off the building of the Fortran 77, Fortran 90, and C++ APIs. They are not used
by NCO. Otherwise you may have to set FFLAGS, F90FLAGS, and CXXFLAGS as well.

Good luck!

Ed

Ticket ID: KCB-778033
Department: Support netCDF