[netCDF #KCB-778033]: trouble shooting while installing NCO

> Sandeep,
>
> Unfortunately, we are unable to help with this problem.  I could not
> find any similar problems in our support archives.
>
> Sorry, but we don't have the resources to provide support for NCO or
> other third-party packages written by others that use netCDF.  I
> suggest you contact the author of NCO for help with this problem,
> which does not appear to be related to the netCDF library.
>
> --Russ
>
> Russ Rew                                         UCAR Unidata Program
> address@hidden                     http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

Howdy Sandeep!

The problem you are having is because the shared library build is not working
for netCDF, because of this:
cc: unrecognized option `-64'

If you want a netCDF shared library, you need to look in the docs for your C
compiler, find the necessary flags, and set them in evironment vars (like
CFLAGS) before you configure netCDF.

However, I believe NCO should build for you if you use it's --disable-shared
option...

I suggest you also contact the NCO team with this issue...

Thanks,

Ed

It is not always easy to get shared libraries to work. If I recall correctly,

Ticket ID: KCB-778033
Department: Support netCDF