[netCDF #XJA-436814]: PGI Compilation

> We have had problems compiling WRF/Var on a our new Sun that we hope to
> solve by switching to the PGI compiler.    I would like confirmation that
> PGI Fortran 7.0.2
> is one that you support for WRF/Var.
>
> If you have not verified WRF/Var on that compiler, what versions have
> you tested and do you expect it to work on that compiler/version?  (Our
> other machines use an older PGI compiler.)
>
> Thank yo for your help.
>
> Lee
>
> --
> Lee Higbie,   HPC Generalist          +1-907-450-8688  (GMT-9 standard
> Arctic Region Supercomputing Center                  or GMT-8 daylight)
>
> Mail:     UAF/ARSC, PO Box 756020, Fairbanks,  AK    99775-6020
> Physical: UAF/ARSC, WRRB 105-116, 909 Koyukuk Dr., Fairbanks, AK  99775
>
> 64 d 51' 36.2" north        147 d 50' 46.9" west

Howdy Lee!

This is Unidata, home of netCDF, but not of WRF and Var.

The WRF website is here:
http://www.wrf-model.org/index.php

I've never heard of Var, and google is not telling me anything useful about
it.

If you are interested in netCDF (which is used by WRF), then we do support
compilation by Portland Group compilers. The output of our daily testing on
these and other compilers can be found here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/builds/snapshot/

Thanks and good luck!

Ed

Ticket ID: XJA-436814