[netCDF #GUD-694571]: problem: build 64-bit netcdf lib using ifort and

Jiwen,

We don't develop or maintain ncview, so I'm not completely sure whether it uses
all the conventional configure flags.  As a guess, I would try setting the
CFLAGS environment variable to "-m64" before running the ncview "configure"
command.

You probablu want to run "make distclean" first, also.  So try

  make distclean
  export CFLAGS="-m64"   (or setenv CFLAGS "-m64" if using csh)
  ./configure --with-netcdf_incdir=/Users/d3p880/netcdf-3.6.2/include
--with-netcdf_libdir=/Users/d3p880/netcdf-3.6.2/lib --enable-64bit

However, if the ncview configure supports the option "--enable-64bit", I would
think
it already uses "-m64" in C compiles of ncview sources.  But from the gcc
compile
line you sent earlier, "-m64" was not used.

If this doesn't work, maybe your netCDF library wasn't built as a 64-bit
library,
in which case it's a different problem.  In that case, I recommend contacting
the
ncview support to see if they have seen this problem and have a solution.

--Russ

Ticket ID: GUD-694571
Department: Support netCDF