[netCDF #TTJ-726105]: Ncdump

Lorea,

I'm still not sure I understand your question.

If you have the output from ncdump, and the declaration for T2 looks something
like this:

        float T2(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
                T2:FieldType = 104 ;
                T2:MemoryOrder = "XY " ;
                T2:description = "TEMP at 2 M" ;
                T2:units = "K" ;
                T2:stagger = "" ;
                T2:coordinates = "XLONG XLAT" ;

then "Time" is the most slowly varying dimension (the last dimension in a
Fortran array, the
first dimension in a C array), "south_north" is the next most slowly varying
dimension, and
"west_east" is the most quickly varying dimension.  So a row of data in the
ncdump output would
correspond to increasing values of the "west_east" dimension.

There is no level dimension for this variable, because it represents
temperature at 2 meters above
the surface, according to the T2:description attribute.  This WRF output format
does not follow CF
conventions, so if you have other questions about why it was designed this way,
the WRF support
staff may be able to provide more help than we can.  We only maintain and
develop netCDF, and don't
know much about WRF.

--Russ

Ticket ID: TTJ-726105