[netCDF #XIZ-386452]: netCDF v4 beta fails to build on Mac OS X

> > Could you have an old version of netCDF installed in these
> > directories? Is your build finding an old netcdf.h?
>
> I have an older version installed; however I'm installing to a
> different install directory, and looking at headers/etc. in
> a different directory than where netCDF v3.6.2 lives.
>
> I will verify this again by trying to configure once more later today.

Howdy Rick!

With a little more experience I see that the problem you are having is because
your HDF5 library was built with szlib.

You can do that by setting the environment variables as I suggest in a previous
email:
FFLAGS=-L$HDF5DIR/lib FCFLAGS=-L$HDF5DIR/lib CFLAGS=-L$HDF5DIR/lib
CPPFLAGS=-I$HDF5DIR/include LIBS=-lsz ./configure --enable-netcdf-4
--with-hdf5=$HDF5DIR

I have just modified the netCDF-4 snapshot to build more cleanly with szlib,
but I am still testing so you might want to just stick with the distribution
you have and set the flags...

Thanks!

Ed Hartnett

Ticket ID: XIZ-386452