[netCDF #HXY-319608]: Problems with Netcdf and NCAR CAM3.1 on AIX5.3

> Hi there,
>
> thanks for the response to my problem. I went to the nf_test directory and
> ran "make check" and it was fine... I got no errors. I also ran make check
> and install when I did the original configure and install and it ran without
> errors. Does this mean that it is installed correctly or do I still need to

Probably what has happened is that you have build a 32-bit build of netCDF,
which is passing all tests, but can't be linked to from a 64-bit program.

> change something in the configure makefile? I am a little confused as the
> link you sent me yesterday:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >
> > /software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Building-on-64-Bit-Platforms.html
>

> says that all the flags are changed by using --enable-64bit with version
> 3.6.2 but you mentioned in your email that it wasn't supported for that
> version?

Sorry, that is a documentation mistake. The --enable-64bit option does not work
with netCDF 3.6.2. Set the flags to the appropriate 64-bit settings to your
platform and rebuild netCDF.

Don't forget to do a "make distclean" before rebuilding netCDF, to ensure you
get a clean build.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: HXY-319608