[netCDF #QHR-199964]: netCDF question

> Hi Ed (or other support person):
> I used ncdump, and I dumped out the lat & long vectors, as well as the
> GRID_0001 (which is the data i am intersted in). However, once I import into
> IMAGINE, nothing is georeferenced. I get an upside down & backwards image
> with no projection information or georeferencing information... Suggestions?
> Thanks
> CT
>
> On 7/12/07, Unidata netCDF Support <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello:
> > > I am working with some .nc data, and I only have ERDAS IMAGINE
9.xavailable
> > > to use. I am wondering if there is a way to export netCDF to an ascii
> > text
> > > file for import into IMAGINE? my problem is that I cannot get the data
> > > georeferenced when it comes in? I have looked thru help, online
> > > documentation, etc but have not seemed to find anything. maybe looking
> > in
> > > the wrong spots. i am not a programmer, nor do i have ADMIN priveleges
> > on my
> > > computer. suggestions? Thanks,
> > > CT
> > >

> > Howdy!
> >
> > I suggest that you try ncdump, which outputs the data in ascii.
> >
> > For more advanced command-line tools, try the NetCDF Command Operators
> > (NCO):
> > http://nco.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Good luck!
> >
> > Ed
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: QHR-199964
> > Department: Support netCDF

Howdy CT!

Sorry, that is something you have to take up with IMAGINE. If you see the
lat/long dimensions and variables, then the georeferencing is in the file, but
not understood by IMAGINE.

Perhaps IMAGINE only understands a file which follows certain additional
conventions for referencing and this data file does not follow those
conventions...

Ed

Ticket ID: QHR-199964
Department: Support netCDF