[Support #HOT-460560]: netcdf-3.6.2 check abort

> Russ:
>
> Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that failed also.
> Since I was trying to build the 32-bit NETCDF library on a 64-bit computer,
> I gave up and built the 64-bit NETCDF library which had no problems.
>
> Ted

Howdy Ted!

I missed the fact that you are trying to do a 32-bit build on a 32/64 machine.

Since you appear to be using gcc, set CFLAGS to "-m32" and try again. Don't
forget to do a "make distclean" before rerunning configure. If you want to
build the C++ API as well, then also set CXXFLAGS to "-m32"

That will tell the C compiler to build 32-bit, and presumably you are already
using a 32-bit fortran compiler.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ed