[netCDF #OPY-353926]: Make with Intel compilers on Mac Pro ...

Keith,

> Couldn't really see a reason to declare testfiles as static. That got
> me most of the way. I didn't realize netCDF was so K&R-ish.

You were right, that didn't need to be declared static, but it also should not
have caused the testing to fail.  Nevertheless, we have incorporated your
change in the code in case it's a bug in icc other users will run across, so
thanks.

The problems you're seeing now are with the C++ interface, and may be a result
of trying to use the Mac OS X C++ compiler in /usr/bin/c++ with the Intel C
compiler icc.  Mixing compilers that use different "name mangling" schemes may
result in errors such as you are seeing.  But that may not be the right
explanation, because it looks from the output you've sent that icc is also
being used as the C++ compiler (?) ...

In any case, the C++ interface is not used for anything else and if you don't
need it, you can build the library without it by running "make distclean",
running the configure script with the "--disable-cxx" argument, and then
building with "make check" and "make install".  If you really need the C++ API,
make sure you have specified a C++ compiler compatible with the C compiler you
are using, with the CXX and CC environment variables before running the
configure script.

--Russ

Ticket ID: OPY-353926
Department: Support netCDF