[netCDF #UPN-998968]: netcdf support

> > Hello,
> >

> > I am trying to use netcdf for compiling ROMS.  I have two questions,
> > regarding netcdf.
> >

> > (1)  This was built in desktop, running on Windows-XP
> >

> > I am trying to build netcdf in CYGWIN, using g95 compiler. In one of the
> > computers I used, I get the following errors:
> >

> > Make check: (check_err) in the attachment
>
> Sorry, I could not open this file. Could you send me a text-only file?
>

> > Make error:
> >

> > /cygdrive/c/Programs/netcdf/netcdf-3.6.2/libsrc/./.libs/libnetcdf2.a: No
> > such file or directory
> >
> > C:\Programs\cygwin\usr\local\bin\ar.exe: make[1]: *** [libnetcdf.la]
> > Error 9
> >
> > make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
> >

> > But I do see the files in
> > /cygdrive/c/Programs/netcdf/netcdf-3.6.2/libsrc/.libs/libnetcdf2.a
> >

> > Configure log: config.log file in the attachment
> >

> > (2)I had a successful build in my recently bought lap-top. I did not use
> > the -fno-second-underscore option in both netcdf and ROMS.  ROMS build
> > and netcdf worked fine and I was able to run ROMS without any problem.
> >

> Wonderful!
>

> > Now I copied the libnetcdf.a into my /lib directory and netcdf.inc into
> > my .inc directory, taken from the successful build in my lap-top:
> >

> Could you try building it on you target machine, and letting "make install"
> handle the installation?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed

Howdy!

How is netcdf working for you?

I now run g95 builds under cygwin  as part of the nightly netCDF test cycle, so
if you are still having problems, you might look for the DUDLEY g95 build on
the netCDF-3 snapshot page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/builds/snapshot/

(Though I am having some troubles with the --enable-shared builds, they are
install troubles, and not anything that would affect you, I believe.)

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: UPN-998968
Department: Support netCDF