[netCDF #VJY-955413]: Please confirm me if all is ok..

> Hi,
> It seems that i resolve my problem ('make check' error),writing command as
> follow:

Sorry, is this in reference to a previously opened issue with netCDF support?
This seems to be the first email I have received from this address on the
topic...

> CC=gcc FC=g95 CPPFLAGS=-DpgiFortran FFLAGS=-fno-second-underscore
> FCFLAGS=-fno-second-underscore ./configure --disable-cxx --disable-f90
>
> make check is ok (no errors).
> Then i launch 'make install' and  it seems ok (no errors appear) ,but
> inattentively i close command line window,so i don't view well the text!So i
> decide to remake all:write ./configure as above and make check,but the old
> error appears again!So i DON'T make install again...

The "make check" command runs tests, but the "make install" command does not.
So if you run "make install" it builds the netCDF libraries, and installs them.
If the compile and link works, the installation takes place.

With "make check", dozens of extra programs are compiled and run. These test
the libraries.

> I try to compile the same example file (of the previous post) as follow:
>
> g95 -o sample sample.f90 -I/usr/local/include/ -L/usr/local/lib/ -lnetcdf
>
> and create sample executable. I write as follow:
>
> ./sample
> *** SUCCESS writing example file simple_xy.nc!
>
> Then i use ncdump and ncgen:all is ok.
>
> My question is:  can i say if all is ok?Does netcdf correctly install?What
> can i view this?

Can you send me the complete output of "make check"?

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: VJY-955413
Department: Support netCDF