[netCDF #NPM-805269]: NetCDF 3.6.2 For Absoft UNIX

> Hi Russ,
>
> yes I have seen this advice, but it does not help in my case (Unix
> Absoft 9.0 r2) . Already the
> make test fails in nf_test with undefined references. As for the
> priority it is not urgent for me
> as I already have a workaround for the problem.
>
> Rene
>
> > Hi Rene,
> >
> > I assume you have already seen these other solutions for building with
> > Absoft on MacOS X:
> >
> >   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#absoft
> >
> > We have an Absoft compiler to test with now on a Mac platfrom, but
> > unfortunately are having problems with the licensing, and won't be able to
> > resolve those until Ed returns from vacation in about three weeks.  He is
> > reposnsible for modifications to ncfortran.h, so I'll have to leave it up
> > to him whether to take your approach or whether a more elegant solution is
> > available.  But thanks for sending us your modifications!
> >
> > --Russ
> >
> > Russ Rew                                         UCAR Unidata Program
> > address@hidden                     http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: NPM-805269
> > Department: Support netCDF

Howdy Rene!

I now have an absoft fortran compiler (but not on a mac).

I am having a problem with it, but it is not the problem that you had building
with absoft.

Did you try the AbsoftProFortran setting? That might handle the uppercase issue.

In any case, what was your workaround?

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: NPM-805269