[netCDF #GUD-694571]: problem: build 64-bit netcdf lib using ifort and icc on MAC OS X

> Hi, I was trying to install ncview on my MAC OS X computer with intel
> Fortran and C compilers. My netcdf library (64-bit) was also built using
> intel Fortran and C compilers. My problem is the Makefile generated from
> Configure did not go through (I notice that gcc was used instead of icc). I
> tried "setenv CC icc" before configure, then I got more problems. My
> question is: how to change the configure file under my computer and compiler
> environment?
> I appreciate any help.
>
> Jiwen

You do indeed need to set CC to icc, and rerun configure.

Make sure you do a "make distclean" first.

If configure doesn't work, look in config.log to see what the problem is. It
tries to run the C compiler in some simple ways. If they fail, then the C
compiler is not working, as far as configure is concerned.

If you can't figure it out, send the output of configure and the config.log
file to us and we will see what we can figure out. Unfortunately this is not an
environment we have to test on here...

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: GUD-694571