[netCDF #IWD-582006]: NetCDF 3.0 binary for LINUX x86

Leanderson.

Actually, we never released a 3.0 version of netCDF.  The earliest netCDF-3
release was version 3.3 in 1997, and the release announcement included this
question and answer:

Q: Why is the new version named 3.3 instead of 3.0?
A: It's just a number. We made available some prereleases of netCDF-3 and
needed to change some interfaces as the result of testing. 3.3 is the first
version of netCDF-3 made available for general release. There will almost
undoubtedly be follow-on versions (3.3.1, 3.3.2, ...) as we incorporate
feedback and bug fixes into the release, but the current release has already
undergone extensive testing.

The format did not change, so the latest version 3.6.2 (and in fact all future
versions) will still be able to read and write older netCDF files created with
earlier versions of the software.

--Russ

Ticket ID: IWD-582006
Department: Support netCDF