[netCDF #FQR-194289]: netCDF General - value too large for defined data type

> Institution: Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
> Package Version: 3.6.2
> Operating System: linux
> Hardware Information: solaris
> Inquiry: I have a question, I just installed the netcdf 3.6.2 librari and I
> am trying to read a file larger than 2 Gb.  It doesn't work, I get an error:
> value too large for defined data type.  When I started searching for this
> error, I think I found that I have to do something different during the
> installation of the librari, is that correct?  Could you please tell me what
> I should do extra in order to be able to read and write large files?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Sincerely,
> Karin Rebel

What program give you that error? It is not a netCDF error message.

On your platform, netCDF 3.6.2 should be able to handle large files without
further effort  on your part. Check this by rerunning netCDF's configure
script, with the �enable-large-file-tests option. Then rerun make check.

This will cause the netCDF makefiles to test that large files work on your
machine, but the ability to do so is turned on by default - the only thing this
configure option does is test it.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: FQR-194289
Department: Support netCDF