[netCDF #PHO-300654]: compiling netCDF-3.6.2

Hi,

It looks like something is wrong with the C++ installation, independent of
netCDF.  Could you try building without the C++ interface, using

  make distclean
  ./configure --disable-cxx
  make check
  make install

Unless you are using the C++ interface, it is not needed.  None of the other
utilities depend on it, and the libraries would still work fine for C and
Fortran programs.

If you need the C++ netCDF interface, it will be necessary to determine why
the c++ compiler cannot read /usr/lib/libstdc++.so, for example maybe this file
does not exist, has the wrong permissions, has become corrupted, or needs to be
updated.

During the next week, we will be slow to respond due to vacations, but will
answer other questions about this when we return.

--Russ

Ticket ID: PHO-300654
Department: Support netCDF