[netCDF #TZL-450905]: Configure failed

Roberto,

The results you sent from config.log make it appear as if the configure script
was edited, interrupted, or killed before it could finish running.  In
particular, right after it fails to find a working Fortran-90 compiler because
of a license manager problem, a large section of the configure script is
skipped that is supposed to determine the names and paths of basic development
tools needed to build netCDF, such as the "ar", "nm", and "grep" utilities.  As
a result, the shell variables defining these utilities are all defined as empty
strings:

AR=''
AS=''
CPP=''
EGREP=''
FGREP=''
GREP=''
LD=''
NM=''
SED=''
STRIP=''

and that prevents the generation of Makefiles.  It's possible you could get
beyond the point where the license manager problems occur by specifying not to
create a Fortran-90 interface by giving the configure script the argument
"--disable-f90", as in:

   $ ./configure --disable-f90

If that doesn't work, you might instead try to correct the license manager
problem with the pgf90 compiler or try to build with a gcc-based Fortran
compiler such as gfortran.  I have tried to duplicate the error you are seeing
on our similar Linux platform, but the configure script runs to completion here
and there is no such problem.

Our expert on configure script problems is on vacation for two more weeks, so
if the above suggestions don't help, maybe he will have a better suggestion
when he returns.  I'm CC:ing him on this reply.

--Russ

Ticket ID: TZL-450905
Department: Support netCDF