[netCDF #ZPH-410959]: Problem with "make check" netcdf version 3.6.1

Hi Annette,

First, we have a newer version 3.6.2 that has a more advanced build system that
might work better, although there are no fixes that are specifically for
platforms using the Intel Fortran compiler.  But if you want to try it instead,
it's available from the web page

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/release-notes-3.6.2.html

Second, are you setting all the C and Fortran compiler option flags
consistently to contain the "-i4" option specifying four-byte integers instead
of the default eight-byte integers on this platform?  The kind of error you are
seeing might occur if the C netCDF library is compiled assuming eight-byte
integers but you specify "-i4" for the Fortran-77 and Fortran-90 interfaces, or
if you specify FFLAGS to not contain "-i4" and F90FLAGS to contain "-i4" before
running the configure script.

For the Intel Fortran compiler ifort, some users have reported that it's
necessary to use the "-mp" flag when building netCDF to get a library that
"should use default numerics and not optimized ones", by setting FFLAGS and
F90FLAGS to contain "-mp" before running the configure script and setting
FLIBS="/opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libPEPCF90.a" (or wherever libPEPCF90.a
is stored for your installation).

I don't have current access to a platform with mpif90 installed so I can't
duplicate the problem, but if none of the above suggestions help, please send
all the information requested here and we'll try to diagnose the cause:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install.html#Reporting-Problems

--Russ

Ticket ID: ZPH-410959
Department: Support netCDF