[netCDF #QTF-641875]: Regarding problem with NETCDF (.nc to binary file conversion)

> Hi,
>
> We were trying to run benchmarkx1 of POP (Parallel Ocean Program) on our
> system. It needed the Netcdf. Some files are in the form of *.nc form (e.g
> horiz_grid.x1.nc, topography.x1.nc).
>
> Now we have a problem in compilation. It is described below. We'll be
> thankful to you for some helpful suggestion about the solution to this
> problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Debraj De
>
> The instruction to convert these .nc file to binary file was: "A conversion
> program to convert these files is given in convert_grid_topo.f90.
> To use this file, compile the conversion program
> with your favorite f90 compiler and be sure
> to link to your local netCDF library.  The
> program also "uses" the netCDF module, so if
> the netcdf include directory is not in your
> include path, you may also have to provide those
> options to the compiler.  The conversion
> program requires a namelist input file called
> convert_in and a x1 version of this file is
> supplied for the x1 grid."
>

> Now when are giving one of the following command:
> a. ifort convert_grid_topo.f90 -I/<path of NETCDF inlude directory> -L/<path
> of NETCDF lib directory>
>
> b. ifort convert_grid_topo.f90 -I/<path of NETCDF inlude directory>
>
> c. ifort convert_grid_topo.f90 -L/<path of NETCDF lib directory>
>
> -- the following error is showing:

The problem may be that you are not providing some other options needed for
your compiler, perhaps "-mp -recursive"

Try setting CFLAGS="-mp -recursive" and try your compile again.

With the ifort compiler, unfortunately, there are some flags that need to be
set before it can work with netCDF.

Please let me know if this works...

Thanks,

Ed