[netCDF #BUY-976453]: Netcdf-4 on Mac OS X with Fortran 95 (90)

> I have been banging my head against the wall trying to get the latest
> release (alpha17) of Netcdf-4 to build successfully with Fortran.  I
> don't need Fortran 77.  I have tried Absoft, gfortran and g95.
>
> If someone can either give me the correct settings of if they have a
> prebuilt binaries with needed includes I would sure appreciated it as
> I am making no headway.
>
> TIA,
>
> -Roy M.

Howdy Roy!

Sorry we were stuck in a rut there for so long. I was in DLL hell, trying to
get the MinGW DLLs to include the Fortran 77 API. Finally I found all the
correct settings.

I have put an alpha18 release of netCDF-4 on the FTP website today. I use the
alpha5 version of HDF5 1.8.0 (i.e. the most recent version available). It works
fine for me with gfortran. (However, so have all the other alpha releases.)

Make sure that you are using the correct release of HDF5 with netCDF-4.

I am now adding netCDF-4 to the netCDF nightly build, and so can test it on a
mac, and with g95, on a nightly basis.

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: BUY-976453