[netCDF #GDB-514857]: RE: using netCDF for storing data from realtime source

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

The C++ interface is just a thin layer over the C interface, so adding a new
record using the C++ interface should take about the same time as adding a
record in the C interface.  Adding new records should not get noticably slower
as new records are added when using the C++ interface.  If you have a small
example that demonstrates this, I would be very interested to try to understand
what is happening.  It's possible that you have discovered a bug in the C++
interface that we need to fix.  Maybe I can generate a test case just from your
description to determine whether such a bug exists; if so, I'll let you know.

> Another thing: When compiling the C++ interface, I get a bunch of
> warnings (see below) about deprecated string functions, apparently due to >
> some new and safer version of stdlib. Will these be updated in the coming >
> NetCDF versions?

I've never seen these warnings and don't think they come from the netCDF
sources.  I've just looked again in the C++ source directory for netCDF and
none of the strings "basic_string", "char_traits", or "allocator" occur
anywhere in the C++ netCDF sources.  So I'm not sure how to eliminate these
warnings, but it appears to be a Windows Visual C++ problem that we don't see
anywhere else.

--Russ

Ticket ID: GDB-514857
Department: Support netCDF