[netCDF #BYQ-417160]: Trying to use netcdf pre-built libraries with fortran under windows

> Hi Ed,
> thanks for the support. Meanwhile I managed to compile a static version
> of the library for windows. The problem I had was related with "name
> mangling" (check it out in wikipedia). This problem arose because Intel
> Fortran is different from the Compaq Fortran. To solve it, i had to pass
> an option to the compiler (-Gm) which told him to be compatible with
> Compaq. I wrote a wiki-article when i did that, you might want to check
> it out (http://www.mohid.com/wiki/index.php?title=Netcdf) ...
>
> Cheers,
> Guillaume

Howdy again!

At long last I am able (I believe) to produce a netCDF DLL which contains the
fortran wrappers.

I am not sure whether this works from Intel fortran yet. If you could try, and
let me know, that would be very helpful.

The new DLLs are at:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.6.2-beta5_pgi_w32bin.zip

The DLL is called "libnetcdf-0.dll", copy that to
\windows\system32\libnetcdf.dll (note that the "-0" has to be taken out of the
name, I believe).

This is pretty experimental at this point (I am testing it now), but if you
could give it a try and let me know if it works, that would be very helpful!

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: BYQ-417160
Department: Support netCDF