[netCDF #EBO-131170]: gfortran4.1.1

> Hi Ed,
>
> neither of
> FC=gfortran CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran ./configure
> FC=gfortran CPPFLAGS=-DpgiFortran ./configure
>
> makes any difference the result ist still:
>
> checking for Fortran "integer*2"... yes
> checking if Fortran "byte" is C "signed char"... no
> checking if Fortran "byte" is C "short"... no
> checking if Fortran "byte" is C "int"... no
> checking if Fortran "byte" is C "long"... no
> checking if Fortran "integer*2" is C "short"... no
>
> :-(
>
> If you have any other idea, I would be very thankfull!
> When do you expect the next beta release to be released?
>

> Regards,
> Malte

Howdy Malte!

I have been playing with gfortran 4.1.1.

I just can't get it to work with netCDF 3.6.1, but with the 3.6.2 beta4 release
it works for me.

Did you install gfortran yourself? If so, try setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment variable before building netCDF. (You must do a make distclean, and
re-run configure, for each attempt.)

When I have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to /home/ed/local_first/shecky/lib64 (which is
where libgfortran.so.1 ended up after I built and installed gcc 4.1.1),
everything works.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ed