[Support #YKQ-365067]: Software for Manipulating or Displaying NetCDF Data

Hi,

> What is the criteria for adding a program to the software tools page? I
> wrote a program tool that I believe some people might find useful.

We maintain two software tools pages, one for larger general-purpose packages:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/software.html

and another linked from that for "User netCDF Contributed Software":

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/Contrib.html

Criteria for software or documentation that is appropriate for the
user-contributed collection are:

    * General usefulness to a significant part of the netCDF community
    * Small size
    * Infrequent need for updates
    * Free availability

becasue we generally make copies of these software packages available from our
FTP or Web site.  Larger packages that get updated frequently would be more
appropriate for the first category.  I'm not sure which category is most
appropriate for "ncextract".  On the one hand, it's currently WRF-specific, but
its design may be useful to other users as well.

I would be happy to include an entry for whichever web page you think is more
appropriate.

--Russ

Ticket ID: YKQ-365067
Department: Support netCDF