[netCDF #ATH-750680]: installing NetCDF on osx10.4 G5dual

> Hi Ed,
> Sorry about that, did you try opening the file directly from a
> text editor without double clicking on the icon?  Anyway, here is the
> out.txt
> Sincerely,
> pjk
>
> On Sep 8, 2006, at 9:55 AM, Unidata netCDF Support wrote:
>
> > make clean check > out.txt
>
> Paul J. Krusic

Howdy Paul!

Now I can read the file, but it ends abruptly. Did it hang? Or did I just get
part of the file?

Can we try again?

Also, in the output you send me, the f77 compiler was being used. Is this the
GNU or the Absoft fortran compiler?

Set FC to the fortran compiler you want to use, like this (for csh):

setenv FC f77

(But set it to the pathscale one, if that's the one you want to use.)

If you do set it to a pathscale compiler, don't forget to set CPPFLAGS to
-DAbsoftProFortran (in csh):

setenv CPPFLAGS -DAbsoftProFortran

Then run "make distclean"

Then run this:

./configure > conf.out
make check > make.out

And send me both output files (conf.out and make.out).

Thanks,

Ed

> Tree-Ring Lab
> Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory