[netCDF #ATH-750680]: installing NetCDF on osx10.4 G5dual

> Dear Support,
> I am sorry I must bother you with my failure to install Netcdf
> on either of my two macs.  But honestly I did spend the better
> portion of the day perusing your faq and support pages on the web
> looking for suggestions to try.  So finally I broke down and thought
> I would write you for help.

That's what I am here for...

> My goal is to be able to use Fortran 77 to make and read Netcdf
> datafiles of climate reconstructions on a lat. x long. grid.  A
> fortran 77 program produces the millenia length reconstructions and
> it is this output that I would like to store in a file.  Everyone
> tells me Netcdf is the perfect format for the job so here I am trying
> to install the software.  Anyway, here is where I start with the
> instructions from the 3.6.2-beta4 Install guide

<snip>

> In a perfect world, I would like to use Absofts ProFortran 9.0
> f77 compiler for the job, but I would not be too put out to use the
> gnu compiler either both are installed on both my macs (G5 and G4
> PowerBook os10.4).

NetCDF is known to work with both Absoft and GNU compilers, but I don't have an
absoft compiler here to test on.

> I have learned something from the hours reading through your
> pages and docs.  For starters, I am including the log file from the
> configuration step and a partial screen capture from the "make check"
> which is when the installation stops with these final lines.

Try setting CPPFLAGS=-DAbsoftProFortran

Do a make distclean, and start over.

If this doesn't work, please send the *complete* output of configure and make
test.

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: ATH-750680