[netCDF #EZD-873215]: netcdf on linux 2.6

Hi Gaby,

re: try the following invocation command line:
ifort -g -L/home/turekg/local/lib -lnetcdf -o a.out *.f90

> Nope, this does not work either, I get all sorts of error messages,
> mostly having to do with the calls to netcdf functions

This behavior is similar to a situation I ran into on DEC OSF/1 where
I had to specify search of a (non-netcdf) library doing the same thing
as you.

Just as a sanity check (for me, not you) can you let me know the
result of the following:

locate libnetcdf

and

ifort -g *.f90 -o a.out -L/home/turekg/local/lib -lnetcdf

If the slightly reformulated compile/link line still results in
undefined Fortran externals, try adding the '-lnetcdf' again:

ifort -g *.f90 -o a.out -L/home/turekg/local/lib -lnetcdf -lnetcdf

I don't expect this to work, but it might give us some clues as
to what is going on if the list of undefined externals changes.

Ticket ID: EZD-873215
Department: Support netCDF