[netCDF #YDV-157575]: netcdf

> In the "make check", the wrong output is lpsh, can you help me? Because in my
> WRF model, the "compile" has some problem.
> the wrong output: in my "make ckeck", it has some error information and the
> error information is in the "lpsh" file, can you help me?

The messages

  : Cannot find license file (-1,359:2 "No such file or directory")

that follow each attempt to compile with the pgf77 compiler indicate a problem
with the installation of the Portland Group Fortran compiler you are using to
compile the f77 interface.  This is a commercial compiler that requires a
license, and from the message, it appears as if the license is not installed
correctly or the pgf77 compiler is not configured correctly to find the
license.  This is not a netCDF problem, you would see the same problem trying
to compile any Fortran file with pgf77.  You should see a systtems
administrator or contact the compiler vendor to resolve this problem, or use a
different Fortran compiler to build the netCDF Fortran interface.

To use a different Fortran compiler, specify the name of the compiler you want
to use as the value of the FC environment variable before running the configure
script, after a "make clean".  Your earlier build attempt used "pgf90" instead
of "pgf77", so perhaps you could try that instead.  Perhaps "pgf77" worked OK
when you built the library with a demo license, but the license expired before
the latest attempt at running "make check"?

--Russ

Ticket ID: YDV-157575
Department: Support netCDF