[netCDF #IQO-210917]: Fortran 90 manpages missing in netcdf 3.6.2 beta3

> Hi again Ed,

Howdy again Remko!

> There are a few things I noticed in the Manuals:
>
> 1) The F90 and F77 manual still say to compile with -lnetcdf, whereas
> the fortran lib is now separate, so one needs "-lnetcdff -lnetcdf". I
> personally do not find that a good solution, I'd rather have all in
> one, but the installation automatically separates C and Fortran when
> making shared (dynamic) libraries. --disable-separate-fortran does
> not have any effect in conjunction with --enable-shared. This is not
> a criticism, it's probably a well-thought-out decision. But I like to
> know the rationale.

I have updated the F77 and F90 manuals as you suggest. Thanks for pointing this
out.

> >> I see, I haven't figured out what value to give CPPFLAGS that would
> >> get rid of the -g option.
> >
> > I have added the following paragraph to the NetCDF Installation and
> > Porting Guide:
> >
> > "If GNU compilers are used, the configure script sets CPPFLAGS to ``-g
> > -O2''. If this is not desired, set CPPFLAGS to nothing, or to whatever
> > other value you wish to use, before running configure."
> >
> >> And thanks again for your great support. Getting these installation
> >> issues resolved will make it easier for all of us developers of GMT.
> >> Apart from that the F90 support and full support of gfortran is most
> >> welcome as well. I'll be looking out for 3.6.2-beta4.

OK, I have changed the configure script so that the -g and -O2 are no longer
added automatically.

Also I have changed the configure script so that setting CPPFLAGS to "" does
not break the selection of the appropriate fortran flag. (But this is not
necessary for you to build without -g -O2).

The daily build on the ftp site only get's updated if the nightly tests work,
and last night they did not. However I will rerun them today and get you a
daily build to try out.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: IQO-210917