[netCDF #RDJ-800749]: compiling error

> Hi,
> Many Thanks for reply.
> I simply downloaded the files from
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/netcdf-3_6_1/index.jsp
> I exactly followed the samw way to build the netCDF, but here is what error i
> was getting
>
> csit212 33# ./configure && make test
> configure: netCDF 3.6.1
> checking build system type... /usr/bin/oslevel[7]: /usr/bin/rm_mlcache_file:
> cannot execute
> config.sub: too many arguments
> Try `config.sub --help' for more information.
> configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub powerpc-ibm-aixoslevel: Error
> processing cache, return code 126. oslevel: Use the -f flag to rebuild cache.
> failed
>
> I then searched again on website to get the netcdf install tarball and i
> found this link
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf-hdf-list/msg00200.html
> as instructed, I couldn't download the netcdf-4 tarball.
> Can you tell me what is the error, I am not a Administrator so i have limited
> access. Please help me.
> Regards
> Akhilesh

Howdy Akhilesh!

The problem you report can be fixed by replace two files in the distribution
with the following updates:

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/config/config/config.guess
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/config/config/config.sub

Get these two files, and overwrite the config.guess and config.sub in the src
directory. Then try again.

This is a problem with these install utilities on some platforms. It will be
fixed in the next release of netCDF.

Please let me know if this doesn't solve your problem.

Thanks!

Ed Hartnett

Ticket ID: RDJ-800749
Department: Support netCDF