[netCDF #KFA-687781]: CDF to ascii

Hi Alex,

re:
> I'm a new NetCDF user, and still getting the basics down.  I've gone
> through your Q&A files, and searched your webpage, but can't seem to
> figure out how to simply convert a netCDF file to ASCII format.  Would
> someone be able to point me in the right direction on this question?

The easiest way to look at the contents of a netCDF file in ASCII is to
use the 'ncdump' utility that is part of the netCDF distribution.  The
netCDF manual has a section on ncdump:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Tools dropdown -> netCDF
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/

    netCDF Documentation
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/

      NetCDF User's Guide
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf/

      NetCDF Utilities
      ncdump
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf/ncdump.html#ncdump

Also, several packages that work with data in netCDF support listing
of the data.  Please review the various packages listed in:

Software for manipulating or displaying netCDF data
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/software.html

> Thanks,

No worries.

Ticket ID: KFA-687781