[netCDF #OQP-121988]: netCDF Import to Mathematica, perhaps via HDF or HDF5 file

Howdy Jim!

Sorry it took me so long to answer your question!

I do not know of any way to directly import netCDF files into Mathematica.
However, you might try asking on the netCDF mailing list; if anyone has done
it, they will tell you how:

There is no function in netCDF-4 which copies the file to a new version, but
perhaps there should be. Such a function would be easy to write, using the
nc_copy_att and nc_copy_var functions.

NetCDF-4 is out in a stable alpha release, so you could try it. It has been
tested quite a bit, and awaits only the beta release of HDF5 1.8 to go into
beta.

There was also, I believe, a way for the HDF4 library to read netCDF files. I
have not used it myself, but I believe the capability exists. If this is the
case, and Mathematica can understand HDF4, perhaps this would work for you.

Let me know if this helped...

Thanks,

Ed Hartnett

Ticket ID: OQP-121988