[netCDF #UEV-830997]: configure

Howdy Harvey,

I still can't figure out what is going wrong with your build (but I'm still
looking at it).

I did just add the configure option --disable-v2 to the build. It will be in
the 3.6.2 beta and appears to work fine for me. Please try it and let me know
if it accomplishes what you want. Using --disable-v2 also turns off the C++ API.

Also you don't have to specify anything except --disable-f77 to turn off all
fortran stuff. I have changed the build so that fortran tests are not run if
there is no fortran compiler.

So all you will need to do is:

./configure --disable-v2 --disable-f77

to turn off the V2 API, C++, and all fortran stuff.

I have also improved the manual in this regard - it will go on-line when I
release the beta, hopefully this week.

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: UEV-830997