[netCDF #UEV-830997]: configure

Howdy Harvey!

Unfortunately autoconf/automake gets very unhappy if you only select compilers
sometimes.

I will try and work on that again to see if I can get less fortran tests to run
for users that don't want fortran. Now that you mention it, there's no need for
it to find fortran type information if it doesn't need to build the fortran
API...

But your problem seems to be with nm, not with fortran. Can you send me your
config.log file?

In terms of the v2 API, what is the reason to build without it?

If there is a good reason I am willing to modify the build to accomodate it, it
would not be too hard.

Thanks for trying my alpha release!

Ed

Ticket ID: UEV-830997