Re: AMBER netcdf convention

Hi John,

> We've got a convention doc hammered out and a place for it to live now.
> The location will be http://amber.scripps.edu/formats#netcdf (it will go
> live on the next website update, within the next day or so).

OK, I've put it in our

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/conventions.html

document, commented out, and will uncomment it as soon as you let us
know it's live.

> In case you're keeping score, this convention will be used across the
> three major modules of AMBER (sander, pmemd, ptraj) starting with
> version 9 and will also be supported by VMD starting with version 1.8.4.
> We have some hopes that others in the molecular dynamics field may pick
> this convention up as well.

We're pleased that you've chosen to use netCDF and have designed and
made available a set of conventions we can help to publicize.

--Russ