Re: AMBER netcdf convention

Hi John,

> I'm one of the developers of AMBER (http://amber.scripps.edu), a package
> for doing molecular dynamics simulations of biomolecules. We're planning
> to implement a netCDF-based format for our next release in the spring
> and would like to register our convention. Can you create an FTP account
> for us?

Sorry to have been so unresponsive, I've been away for a week.  I
should be able to get you an FTP account later today, but an
alternative would just be for us to point to your AMBER conventions
web page from our well-known netCDF conventions page at:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/conventions.html

For example, that's how the CF Conventions are documented.  The FTP
scheme was devised before there was a Web, so you might want to
consider which approach would work best for you.

--Russ