Re: 20051203: netCDF - FLAGS and NC_FILL_BYTE

Unidata Support <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

Sorry, I'm not quite following. You tried setting F90FLAGS and it
didn't have the effect you expected?

If that is the case, please send me the complete output from configure
and make test.

> Also, there appears to be ambiguity in the code as to whether ncBad_Byte
> should be a signed or unsigned char.
>
> "ncvalues.h", line 35: warning: integer conversion resulted in a change of
> sign
>   static const ncbyte ncBad_byte = NC_FILL_BYTE;
>
> ncbyte is type unsigned but NC_FILL_BYTE is defined negative in another
> include file.

Yikes.

There is some ambiguity in the way that signed vs. unsigned bytes are
handled in netCDF.

I will pass this on to the netCDF fortran experts and see what they
say about it...

Thanks!

Ed

--