Re: Compiling hes code on AMD 64 bit processor ( HP Proliant DL 585 platform)..

"Navarro, Sylvia" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently trying to compile NetCDF3.5.1 on an IBM Blade PPC64 using
> an AbsoftUnix compiler.  I cannot use the new netCDF library, due to our
> algorithm house using the netCDF3.5.1 version.

You can still use 3.6.0, it is fully backward compatible, except that
the permitted name lengths have been increased, so if you have
variable names of over 128 chars, your algorithm house will still be
able to read your data.

Since your using absoft, you should get 3.6.1 beta, which has some
configuration fixes for absoft.

If you still want to try 3.5.1, read on.

> I am trying to compile netCDF using these parameters:
>
> CC='/usr/bin/cc'
> CXX='/usr/bin/cxx'
> CPPFLAGS='-DNDEBUG -DAbsoftUNIXFortran'
> FC='/opt/absoft/bin/f77'
> F90='/opt/absoft/bin/f90'
> FFLAGS='-g -p64'
>

> When I run the "make test" I receive this error:
> *********************
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/snavarro/MyPTRs/absoft/test/netcdf-3.5.1/src'
>
> Making `test' in directory
> /home/snavarro/MyPTRs/absoft/test/netcdf-3.5.1/src/nf_test
>
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/snavarro/MyPTRs/absoft/test/netcdf-3.5.1/src/nf_test'
> + /opt/absoft/bin/f77 -c -g -p64 test_get.F
> This demonstration copy of Absoft Fortran 95 expires 06/09/06 (358 days
> remaining).
>
>      *                          VERBOSE         !/* print details of
> tests */
>                                 ^
>
> cf90-113 f90fe: ERROR test_nf_get_var1_text, File = tests.inc, Line =
> 169, Column = 33
>   IMPLICIT NONE is specified in the local scope, therefore an explicit
> type must be specified for data object "TESTFILE".
> *********************
>
> It then ends with the following error:
> *********************
>                                     call errord('unexpected: ', val)
>                                          ^
> cf90-113 f90fe: ERROR test_nf_get_var1_double, File = test_get.F, Line =
> 528, Column = 42
>   IMPLICIT NONE is specified in the local scope, therefore an explicit
> type must be specified for data object "NF_ERANGE".
>
> cf90-214 f90fe: LIMIT test_nf_get_var1_double, File = test_get.F, Line =
> 519
>   The maximum number, 100, of fatal errors has been exceeded.
> f90fe failed.
> make[2]: *** [test_get.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/snavarro/MyPTRs/absoft/test/netcdf-3.5.1/src/nf_test'
> make[1]: *** [subdir_target] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/snavarro/MyPTRs/absoft/test/netcdf-3.5.1/src'
> make: *** [nf_test/test] Error 2
> ]0;snavarro@gamma0006:~/MyPTRs/absoft/test/netcdf-3.5.1/src
> [snavarro@gamma0006 src]$ exit
> exit
> *********************
>
> Can you tell me what is happening here - the initial ./configure works
> fine and everyting states it is ok?
>
> Thank you,
> Sylvia Navarro
> Software Engineer
> HARRIS Corp
> GCSD, R5, K217
> 321-309-7350

This doesn't look good. The fortran tests are not running, which means
the fortran library is possibly not working.

Unfortunately, I don't have an absoft compiler. Can you send me
tests.inc?

Also send me the complete output of:

make distclean && ./configure && make test

(With your environment vars set, of course).

Thanks,

Ed

--
Ed Hartnett  -- address@hidden