Re: netCDF source

>To: address@hidden
>From: kuldeep srivastava
>Subject: Re: 64-bit SGI netcdf (fwd)

Kuldeep,

> I downloded netcdf -3.6.0 from net .I want to configure it for
> 64-Bit machine .After gunzip and Tar I have given command
>  ./configure --prefix=/vol1/kuldeep/stn/netcdf-3.6.0/src
> After that I have given command  make test . After that I have given
> command  make INSTALL .It is writting  INSTALL  is ok .But it is not
> making Bin ,lib, man directory in src

I think it would have been better to specify

  ./configure --prefix=/vol1/kuldeep/stn/netcdf-3.6.0

because the src/ directory you specified for installation already has
a man/ directory, for example.

But I just tried something similar, installing in the src/ directory,
and it seemed to work fine, creating the subdirectories include, bin,
and lib, as well as installing files into them and into the existing
man directory.

Please provide the output from "make install" so we can diagnose what
went wrong.

--Russ