20041201: Unneeded line in netcdf-3.5.1 library test program

Jonathan,

>Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:49:40 -0500
>From: "Jonathan T. Parker" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20041201: Unneeded line in netcdf-3.5.1 library test program (fwd)

> Thanks a lot for your reply.
> The beta does look like it takes care of that problem.
>
> Could you also tell me if the following warning messages, during 'make
> test' are anything I should be concerned about? It looks like there are
> 4 varieties of warning messages. The tests all run successfully, but
> these warnings make me a little nervous.

All those warnings are ignorable.  The "Inconsistent datatype" ones are
due to the same netCDF I/O functions being used for all types of data
and the "Low precision" ones should never have been printed (IMHO).

> Thanks again,
> --
> Jonathan T. Parker <address@hidden>
> Dept. of Atmospheric, Oceanic, and Space Sciences
> University of Michigan
> Computer Science Support
>

> Warning: ftest.F, line 196: Inconsistent datatype for arg 4 in call to
> NCAGT
> Warning: ftest.F, line 494: Inconsistent datatype for arg 6 in call to
> NCAPT
> Warning: ftest.F, line 922: Inconsistent datatype for arg 5 in call to
> NCVGT
> Warning: ftest.f, line 818: Low-precision data-value assigned to
> high-precision data-object
> Warning: ftest.f, line 887: Low-precision data-value assigned to
> high-precision data-object

Regards,
Steve Emmerson