Re: 20041118: netCDF Fortran (77 + 90) - array size limitation (fwd)

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:29:53 -0700
From:    "Paquita Zuidema" <address@hidden>
To:      Russ Rew <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 20041118: netCDF Fortran (77 + 90) - array size limitation

Hi Russ -

thanks for the feedback, this is good to know.

I did get netcdf to compile successfully last night. Two
changes I made:

1. set -YCRFL=1, not -YCRFL=l , i.e. set it to one, not "el". previous
mistake
on my part.
2. explicitly set CC=/usr/bin/cc. I don't know if this is really necessary,
but it didn't hurt.

Otherwise, I followed Dierk Polzin's recommended build. I believe
that fortran code calling netcdf also needs to be compiled with the
-YCRFL=1 flag (not mentioned on his build).

This process somehow removed my IDL license file and IDL path ! That
was odd, probably a poor previous installation on my part, but still. I
wasn't completely done with this project until I relearned how to install
the IDL license, but, now things seem to be fine.

Thanks again - seeing that this process isn't completely transparent
even to a
trained professional as yourself helped me to persevere.

Paquita

--
Paquita Zuidema, Ph.D.

------- End of Forwarded Message