Re: 20041115:cleanup for netcdf 3.6.0 beta 6

>To: <address@hidden>
>From: "Arnaud Desitter" <address@hidden>
>Subject: cleanup for netcdf 3.6.0 beta 6

Hi Arnaud,

> Here is a some light cleanup. It adds some "const", "static" and so on.
> Not terribly important but I thought I may post it just in case you may
> be interested.

Yes, thanks, I think "const correctness" is very useful for preventing
future errors during maintenance, and the static declarations are good
for not polluting the global name space.  I didn't even know about the
GNU __attribute__ syntax, but it also looks useful for catching future
problems at compile time.  I've incorporated your cleanup fixes into
the 3.6.0 release.

--Russ